- There is no discrimination of candidates in terms of nationality;
- More than 300 research units in France are involved in the AgreenSkills’ programmes;
- Researchers freely propose their topics, construct their research projects, identify the laboratories they wish to work in, assisted if necessary, by the
AgreenSkills management team
- AgreenSkills and AgreenSkills+ are open programmes; the only constraint being that basic or targeted research projects must contribute to the broad fields of agriculture, food, nutrition, environment, animal health, or veterinary public health;
- AgreenSkills offers 142 fellow years over 4 years, while AgreenSkills+ offers 212 fellow years over 5 years.
- The programmes have a continuous recruitment process with two selection rounds per year;
- Mobility can be incoming or outgoing;
- The programmes take into consideration the semester system and candidates’ career breaks;
- The programmes offer support in finding the appropriate hosting laboratory.
Applicant-friendly eligibility criteria
- Mobility period between 12 to 24 months for AgreenSkills’ incoming fellows coming to France and between 12 and 36 months for AgreenSkills+ incoming fellows;
- Mobility period of minimum 6 months up to 24 months for both AgreenSkills and AgreenSkills+ outgoing fellows (researchers employed by one of the Agreenium-IAVFF members);
- All candidates must hold a PhD. PhD students can apply, provided that their PhD will be awarded by the mobility start date;
- AgreenSkills candidates must have research experience equal to or less than 7 years from the date of their PhD. AgreenSkills+ candidates must have between 0 and 10 years' research experience following their PhD;
- For incoming fellowships: candidates must not have spent more than 12 months in the last 3 years in France. For outgoing fellowships: have spent at least 2 years in France within the last 3 years prior to the expected date of mobility.
Click here to read the eligibility criteria for both programmes in detail.
- Fellowships offer very attractive mobility allowance and salary conditions of up to approximately €3500 and €4800 for young and independent researchers, respectively, depending on the level of experience of each candidate;
- Optimal research conditions are offered by hosting institutions;
- Complementary training and workshops are provided;
- Support for a personalized career development plan;
- Participation in Career & Job Fairs.
AgreenSkills and AgreenSkills+ features
- Transparent, rigorous international selection process;
- Joint responsibility for the research laboratory and research fellow to assure high quality research projects;
- Careful attention to ethical principles and integrity in research.
Read more about Agreenskills and AgreenSkills+