5 steps define the AgreenSkills and AgreenSkills+ application and evaluation process
1) Eligibility: Interested candidates can complete an online form to assess their eligibility to the programme, by first registering on the AgreenSkills website and creating a personal account (you only need to choose a username and password and provide a valid e-mail address). Click here to see if you fulfill the eligibility criteria for AgreenSkills or AgreenSkills+. Please note that it is the AgreenSkills' Programme Management Team that assigns a candidate's eligibility to either the AgreenSkills or AgreenSkills+ programme. Candidates are not required to mention whether they are applying as young or independent researchers and need only follow the same, single application procedures for either programme.
2) Lab search: Incoming eligible candidates can then start approaching labs within Agreenium member organizations that complement their research interests. Lab proposals are also available to eligible candidates on the AgreenSkills' web portal. Outgoing eligible candidates can contact any laboratory outside of France that matches their research interests to discuss the AgreenSkills' mobility programme and potential postdoctoral positions. (Please note that laboratories for incoming candidates must be able to provide a candidate with a basic salary. As a co-fund programme, AgreenSkills only provides an additional monthly mobility allowance to its fellows' incomes).
3) Application: Once a candidate finds a suitable lab interested in offering a postdoctoral research position as part of the AgreenSkills programme, the candidate can submit a research project proposal through the online application system. The submission will then be evaluated at the next selection round, of which there are two per year.
4) Evaluation: Each submitted application is assessed by up to 3 international reviewers, and then by the AgreenSkills Scientific Committee panels. The evaluation process takes up to 10 weeks.
5) Funding: The AgreenSkills Steering Committee decides which research projects to fund, based on the Scientific Committee's recommendations, and the new AgreenSkills and AgreenSkills+ Fellows are announced online. The recruitment process begins as soon as the Steering Committee's decision is announced.
To apply to either the AgreenSkills (young researcher) or AgreenSkills+ (independent researcher) programmes you must complete your application online on the secure part of the AgreenSkills web portal, using the username and password you have already created to apply for eligibility. Applications sent by email or by post will not be considered. Once you have access to the application system, you can complete it gradually, step by step following the instructions. The system saves all your data until final submission. All relevant templates and documents can be found under the Documents section of the website.
The application forms and the submitted documents must be filled in English, fully, clearly, and concisely.
The AgreenSkills website and submission system ensure transparency and traceability of the proposals, while processing and securing exchanges in full respect of confidentiality and anonymity.
Please read the Guide for AgreenSkills Applicants carefully before submitting your application. A new Guide for Applicants concerning both AgreenSkills and AgreenSkills+ applications will soon be available under the website's Documents section.